About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Monday, May 26, 2014

Dogfish Head - Namasete




Dogfish Head Brewery

Namasete - Witbier

The color of this brew is a wonderful straw color.  It is a translucent beer that seems to have to body to it.  The head disappears rather quickly and the carbonation looks fine and tiny.

The aroma is malty, kind of like a pilsner.  There is some straw/grassy notes to it with the slightest bit of citrus.  There is not a lot of backbone to the smell, it is actually a little weak.  I wish it more to it.  Leaves you wondering if there is going to be any flavor.

On the palate the carbonation is fine and mild, it is actually barely noticeable.  The beer is crisp, and light.  There is a mild citrus note, a mild spice and a dryness on the back end as you drink it.  The flavors are pretty dull, but not in a bad way.  

Overall this beer is pretty good.  Nothing about it is amazing, but it is clean, crisp, refreshing and mild in flavor.  It's very nice for a warm day.  I wish the aroma was more enticing, but it goes well with the mild flavor.  I give it a 3 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment