About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Wednesday, May 7, 2014

New Belgium - Trippel




New Belgium Brewing Co.

Trippel

The color of this brew is a nice deep straw, with an orange/gold hue.  It is a crystal clear beer, nice light carbonation.  

The aroma is clean and crisp with hints of mild spice.  The spice is blended nicely with a light banana aroma.  The fruitiness adds a nice sweetness to the aroma.  It is a mild aroma that is not at all strong.  You really need to take your time to notice the scents being emitted by this beer.

On the palate this beer is a crisp beer, that first hits you with a nice crisp hoppiness, but smoothly gives way to the spice of the clove and finishes with the sweetness of the banana.  The brew has smooth creaminess, that balances the crisp carbonation.  This beer also gives off a nice alcohol warmth that lingers on the roof of your mouth and trickles down to the back of your throat.  This does a nice job of touching every part of the mouth to give you a nice overall experience.

Overall I like this beer.  It is crisp, refreshing, with a nice mild aroma, and a balanced flavor.  I always have enjoyed a beer that does a good job of warming the palate, and this one does it without masking the flavor.  I really enjoyed this beer, give it a try.  

No comments:

Post a Comment