About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Saturday, February 1, 2014

21st Amendment - He said







21st Amendment Brewery

He Said - Belgian Style Tripel

The color of the beer is a deep gold with a slight bit of orange.  It's a translucent brew with a slight bit of cloudiness.  

The aroma of this beer is nice and spicy.  There is a nice hint of clove which dominates the on first whiff.  You will also notice a hint of pumpkin and some all spice.  This beer has a unique smell to it.  There is some floral hints that pop up in the aroma as well as some ginger.  The overall aroma is pleasant and welcoming.  

On the palate this beer has a quick hit of sweetness that is quickly followed by the ginger and then the clove.  The pumpkin is mild and a secondary in this beer, and mixes in the the hint of ginger that you notice in the aroma.  On the back end finish of the beer there is a little bitterness that doesn't stay long on the tongue.  The flavors are well layered and don't come at you all at once.  It's crisp and slightly warms as it goes down.

Overall this is a pretty good beer.  It is a pumpkin style, but it has a nice twist to it.  I wish I would have found this during the fall instead of recently, but the beer still tastes fresh.  The ginger, clove and pumpkin blend is interesting, and pleasant on the palate.  I am not a huge fan of the slight bitter bite on the back end, but it doesn't kill the beer for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment