About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Sunday, March 29, 2015

Troegs - Jovial




Troegs Craft Brewery

Jovial - Belgian Stlye Dubbel Ale

The beer needs to be poured very carefully or else it will take a long time to pour it all or enjoy it.  The has a large pillowy head that is beige in color and fluffy like the top of a root beer float.  The head takes a long long time to go down.  Beer is a reddish copper, but looks extremely red in direct light.  The beer is very deep and is only translucent.  

The aroma is masked by the high foamy head, but when it does go down you get hints of caramel, rot malt, raisin and fig.  There is a hidden spice to the aroma as well.  It's a pleasant and balanced aroma Leading to you want to drink the beer, also making to get in close to really take in all the beer has to offer.  

On the palate this carbonation is pleasant and complimentary to the beer.  It's a beer that is thick on the tongue but doesn't feel very heavy.  The caramel, fig and raisin flavors are nicely done, mixing together well on the tongue and not fighting with each.  The finish has a slight bitterness that helps balance out the moderate sweetness.  There is no alcohol flavors this beer even though it is 7% abv.  I have had a few of these beers, and I will say this, I actually prefer this beer out of a bottle more than being poured into the glass.

Overall this is a pretty good beer.  The aroma is nice, the color is nice looking, and the flavor is pretty good too.  Nothing about this beer is amazing, it is just a quality beer.  Like I said, try it in a bottle and a glass and see how you like it better.  I don't know why, but this beer tastes better from a bottle.  I give this beer a 4 out of 5.  It is just so balanced it can't get a lower score.


No comments:

Post a Comment