About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Thursday, March 12, 2015

Lagunitas - Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale




The Lagunitas Brewing Company

Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale - American Pale Wheat Ale

The beer poured a crystal clear straw color with about a third of an inch of thick foamy head.  The head went down at a decent pace and left a little ring around the glass.  The straw color color is rich and full.  It looks like a beer that should be drank, but there is nothing pretty about it.

The aromas given off by this brew are a mix of bitter and fruity sweetness.  The hops come right to your nose and then introduce you to the rest of the scents.  I get a mix of lemon, grapefruit, pine and orange.  It's a little bit of a wild combination, but it smells really good.  It's the kind of aroma that leads to take a nice first sip.

On the palate the beer has mild carbonation that gives way to an extremely tasty beer.  The tongue gets hit with a cascade of flavors; pine, grapefruit, orange, lemon, a bready malt, and then finishes as you would expect, with a slight bitter bite.  The really interesting thing is that the fruit flavors then come back as the after taste, leaving s sweetness in the mouth.  This beer also leaves a fruitiness on the lips.  Finally, it warms the back of the throat with just a hint of alcohol.  It's a hard glass to put down to be honest.

This beer is pretty freaking awesome.  The color is clean, the aroma is plentiful coming at you with a wide variety of scents without being overbearing, and it's full of flavor hinting ona wide variety of citrus and levels of hop and malt.  I really enjoyed this brew and wish I bought more than just one.  I give this a 4.5 out of 5.  Go get a Little Sumpin' Sumpin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment