About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Saturday, November 8, 2014

Tries - Masters of Pimpkin




The color of this beer is a nice fall orange-brown.  It is more brown at the core, and then fades out to a nice deep coppery orange.  The beer is deep in color and hazy.  It is transparent but only barely.  The head pours out beautifully, with light, foamy bubbles that puff up, and then dissipate to leave a nice light ring around the top of the brew.

The aroma from this beer is all fall.  You get a nice light smell of pumpkin, and several spices.  There are hints of clove, cinnamon and nutmeg.  The aroma isn't overpowering. But pleasant to the nose, and draws you in to the beer.  The aroma is like a little hint of what is to come, it leaves you really wanting to taste this beer.

On the palate the mildly prickly carbonation leads you to a nice meaty pumpkin flavor on the front end of this beer.  The beer delivers a balance of spice and sweetness.  You will notice clove, cinnamon and nutmeg for the spice.  For the sweet you will get some vanilla and honey flavors.  For me the best part about this beer is there is actual pumpkin flavor.  The beer leaves a little bit of spice in the tongue as you finish the swallow.  There is not an evident maltiness or bitterness found in this beer, it just all blends together very nicely.

This might be my favorite pumpkin beer of this year.  Of course I have had some of my staple favorites, but for a beer I never had before I really like it.  The spice is nicely done on the the aroma and the palate.  I love the pumpkin and spice of this beer.  I give this beer a 4 out of 5!  A very good beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment