About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Sunday, November 16, 2014

Baladin - Isaac




Baladin Birra - Italy

Isaac - Biere Blanche

The color of this brew is a wonderful apricot color.  The hazy beer pours with a light fizzy head the comes and goes very quickly, leaving the smallest little ring along the glass. Light passes through the beer, you can also barely make out images through it, it is kind of like a foggy window.  The color looks very enticing.

The aroma of this beer gives off powerful scents of orange and citrus.  There is barely there spice hidden in the aroma of this beer.  There is also a sugary sweetness I the aroma, no bitterness to speak of.  It smells like one of those hard orange candies I used to get growing up as a kid, and I really liked those candies.
On the palate this beer isn't as sweet as the aroma leads you to believe, but it is a sweet beer.  The carbonation is sharp and prickly.  It doesn't bother me because I think it helps to balance off the sweetness of the beer.  The flavors are definitely citrus, with a little bit of coriander.  The citrus flavors are candy like, without being overly sweet.  I notice orange, lemon and tangerine when I drink this beer.    The beer finished dry and crisp with a little lemony bite on the swallow to help manage the sweetness of the citrus.

This is a different kind of beer for me.  The carbonation is almost like that of a cheap champagne.  The color is pretty enticing, the aroma is sweet and very candy like, ion the palate this beer is sweet, crisp and just a little bit different.  Overall I like this beer.  It is more of a summer beer, but my wife got it for me a couple weeks ago, and I don't think it is a good beer to age, so I am drinking it now.  I will give this beer a 3.5 out of 5.  Definitely something different to try.  I enjoyed it.


No comments:

Post a Comment