About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Friday, September 25, 2015

Hardwood - Farmhouse Pumpkin




Hardywood Brewing Co.

Reserve Series - Farmhouse Pumpkin Ale

The color of this brew is very dirty looking orange/brown.  This beer looks very similar to a cider.  It is thick and cloudy.  The head foamed up a light tan, fizzed and went away fairly quickly.  The muddy dull copper color is very Fall in look and is exactly what I wanted it to look like.  

The aroma of this brew is sweet, with a little bit of malt and mild spice.  The sweetness I feel is the prominent aroma.  The sugary smell, mixes in with the malt and the spice just kind of hides out in the background.  It isn't as Fall as I thought it would be, but it is still a pleasant smell.  

On the palate the light, fizzy carbonation is pleasant and distinctive to a farmhouse style brew.  The beer, is still fairly smooth.  The sugary sense isn't as strong as the smell lends you to believe.  The maltiness of this beer mixes in with a little bit of sourness that balances the beer.  The pumpkin spices are subtle but there especially if you wait between sips.  The beer is of decent strength, so sipping it is recommended.  

This is a petty good beer.  Pretty much every Hardywood brew has been either good or great that I have had.  The overall appearance of this beer is wonderful and screams fall.  The smell is sweet, and different, but in this case, different is good.  The flavor is a little sweeter than I thought, but the mix of sourness, and spice really does a good job of working together to create a unique taste.  It's a quality beer and worth the a try.  I give this beer a 3.75 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment