About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Saturday, February 14, 2015

Starr Hill - Snow Blind





Starr Hill Brewery

Snow Blind - Doppelbock

The color of this beer pours a deep brown in color.  This beer is slightly translucent, with a hint of red.  The head pours a light tan and puffs up a little bit.  The head quickly goes away and leaves almost no residue.

The aroma is faint.  It gives off notes of yeast, roasted malt and caramel.  All the smells are mild, and don't get any stronger as the beer warms.  There is also a slight sweetness of fig in the aroma of this beer.  It's a nice smelling brew, I just wish it had more to it.

On the palate the prickly carbonation leads to a beer that has some nice flavor.  You get a sprinkling of roasted malt, and caramel across the tongue.  You will get a sweetness from what I taste as fig.  Lastly you will get a little alcohol warming down your throat that is pleasant.  The front of the tongue is left a little dry making you want to take another sip.  

Overall this is a pretty good beer.  I have had some beers from Starr Hill that I didn't like, but this one I like.  The color is nice, the initial deep brown also has hints of red through the light.  The aroma comes up a little small, but the flavor is nice and has plenty of layers.  I gives this beer a 3.5 out of 5.  A nice winter beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment