About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Fish Brewing - Smaug Stout




Fish Brewing Co.

Smaug Stout - Hobbit Series

The beer pours a near black color.  There is no hope of any light getting through this beer.  The head is an ice light beige, that laces down the glass, and stays there.  It's a nice look with the lacing, adds to overall appearance of the brew.

The aroma from this brew has a mixture of bitterness, a roasted malt, along with coffee, and a little bit of cocoa.  The aroma is mild and you have to really get close to smell it.  Overall it is a decent aroma, once you get close enough to smell it.

On the palate the extremely mild carbonation leads you to a beer that has a decent mix of flavors.  You will notice a coffee essence with the roasted malts.  There is a little bit of chocolate that is then pushed aside by a hoppy bitterness.  The bitterness leads to a dry finish that lingers on all aspects of your mouth.  You actually want to drink water after taking a sip of this beer.

Overall this is a decent beer.  It isn't amazing but it is alright.  The look of the beer is pretty nice, I love the lacing, the aroma is fine but you have to get really close to notice it, and the flavor has some good elements to it, but the finish isn't my favorite and it feels like it is lacking something.  I give this beer a 3 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment