About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Monday, May 4, 2015

Block House Brewing - Double Chocolate Bock




Block House Brewing (Affiliate of Pittsburgh Brewing Co.)

Double Choclate Bock 

The color of this beer is deep translucent brown.  The light tan head is fizzy and comes and goes very quickly.  It's very deep in color for a bock, but I am guessing that is due to the chocolate aspect.

Speaking of chocolate, wow, you can really smell it.  It's almost like opening up a candy bar.  There is also a milky sweetness, mix in with a subtle maltiness.  If you are a lover of all things chocolate, this beer's smell is for you.  It is so good, I kind of want a chocolate bar right now!  

The prickly, but light carbonation leads way to a beer that is like drinking a cold hot chocolate, but in a good way.  Upfront there is a milky sweetness that then leads you to the main body of the beer CHOCOLATE!  There is a slight dryness on the backend that helps balance out the sweet, chocolate goodness of this beer. It's smooth, refreshing, dessert in a glass.  Mix this with vanilla ice cream and you have the makings of an amazing beer float.  

All and all, I love this beer.  If you look online, you will see some pretty nasty things written about it.  Let me make it simple for you... if you want to taste a beer that has chocolate for miles, you want something different that is straight forward, and not complex, this is the beer for you.  I found it delicious, and I wish I had more than one!  I give it a 4.25 out of 5!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment