About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Friday, June 6, 2014

Ithaca - Apricot Wheat




Ithaca Beer Co.

Apricot Wheat - A fruit wheat ale

The color of this beer is is a pale yellow, with the slightest tint of orange.  The beer pours leaving a light head that disappears quickly and leaves no residue on the side of the glass.  It's a beer that looks very light, crystal clear, and leaves you thinking there is no body to the beer.

The aroma given off by this beer gives off a prominent fruit smell.  It smells a little fake, like a candy or even dried fruit.  The smell isn't really strong, but it is there, and hard to miss.  I don't really get any other smells from this beer.  

On the palate it is a light tasting beer.  If you are looking for something that has a ton of flavor, and body to it, then you will not like this brew.  It is very light, the apricot flavor is light and crisp.  It has a mild bitterness in the mild of the taste, but it is fruit up front and finishes sweet.  It finishes clean with little after taste.  There is not much else to this beer.  

Now I know it seems like I am disappointed in this beer, but that is not the case.  It is a beer that is available year round, but I would only drink it in the summer.  It is light, crisp, has decent sweetness, and finishes clean.  It's a nice light beer for warm weather, that if you like the taste of you could drink a few of, but also have no problem switching brews.  Overall it's a decent beer.  I will give it a 3 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment